Wednesday, January 12, 2011

hjk

Heather was visiting us in Ann Arbor this past weekend and as a cutesy-silly sort of comment she said "I wish 'I' wasn't in the alphabet so that it was 'HJK' all in a row -- Heather, Justin, Krista." I wish it was like that too.

It had been a long time since we'd spent a weekend in Ann Arbor and this past weekend was the perfect way to break that cycle. After a few "to dos" on Friday evening, J and I went to a midnight showing at the movie theater. It was a spur-of-the-moment sorta decision, just the way going to a midnight showing is supposed to be.

Saturday started with no alarm clock and sleeping until 11. In my opinion, there's no better way to start a Saturday. Saturday afternoon brought our weekend visitor: my sister, Heather. J let us catch up on our Grey's Anatomy episodes while he ran to the grocery store to pick up dinner. He made us this:






And we enjoyed a nice little fancy dinner.
Sunday was filled with relaxing in our living-room-turned-into-a-bed-room, movie watching with the warm glow of the sun reflecting off the building across from us, and making a point not to worry about the dishes that still filled the kitchen from the night before.



Today I'm grateful for sisters and sundays.

1 comment: