Friday, August 3, 2012

10 weeks. 10 things.

Everyone always says this, but time really flies when you're watching your baby grow up. As a tribute to Dominic's 10 week birthday, here are 10 things I've come to love about him.

 1. the way his smiles completely light up his face...and mine
 2. the fact that he made us a family of 3
 3. his funny, expressive faces
 4. the way his little head bobbles when we put him on his belly
 5. the way he looks in his little bathing suit that I bought for him when he wasn't here yet. it's as cute as I had hoped...
 6. they way he nuzzles into my chest when he falls asleep there. even if it means getting drool all over my shirt.
 7.  the way he has become a part of our lives as if he was always here.
 8. that he goes back to sleep with me every morning after he eats. morning cuddles are the best.
 9. the way he's learned to smile at you when you smile at him
10. the little owl-like peeps he makes when he is sound asleep


I'm not sure being a mom is what I imagined it to be. I don't think you ever really know until it comes upon you like a big sweeping wave rolling over the shoreline.  It's overwhelming, consuming and it cannot be escaped. But it's good and I love it with my whole being. Not because it makes me feel warm and fuzzy all the time or because it's the best thing that ever happened to me. But because it comes with a deeper sense of knowing who I am, and learning the limits my body, mind, and my heart can and will get pushed to.

He's here. He's mine. He's ours. 

Today I'm grateful for 10 weeks of Dominic.

No comments:

Post a Comment