Wednesday, June 9, 2010

blog mondays: smile


(A fresh fruit bowl filled with purchases from Monday night's grocery shopping trip)


Well, despite the fact that my "Blog Mondays" entry has turned into what would be better labeled as "Blog Wednesdays", I'm still going to share with you the answer to this week's "Blog Mondays" question:


What are 4 things that made you smile today?


1. Subway: Due to my recent grocery shopping habits (or lack there of) Justin and I went grocery-less for about a week. The one benefit of my wifely-slacking was that I was forced to eat out for lunches (which I usually try to avoid in an effort to be nice to our bank account). On Monday, I got out of the office and walked across South State Street to Subway where I ordered a five dollar foot long Spicy Italian with tons of veggie toppings. My genius plan was to buy one $5 sub and eat one half on Monday and the other on Tuesday. It was an excuse to get out of the office and walk in the sun, a considerably cheap lunch, it prevented me from having to pack a lunch on Monday night, and it gave me a lunch to look forward to on Tuesday. All-in-all...definitely something to smile about.


2. Walking to My Favorite Beats: On my walk home from the bus stop on Monday I cranked up the volume on my iPhone to listen to my "Summer 2010" playlist (a compilation of all my new favorite radio hits from the past month). It was one of those times when I got really into the songs. I was really appreciating the lyrics and felt myself almost dancing home instead of walking. As I write this now, it still makes me smile.


3. Phone Date: Monday night I had a phone date with a dear old friend, Lindsay, whom I went to high school with and then lived with a few years in college. She and I hadn't really caught up since Christmas and our planned phone date was just the right way to fix that. We filled each other in on life's ups and downs and reminisced about old times which definitely had me smiling.


4. Fridge of Fresh Groceries: Justin and I finally went grocey shopping on Monday night (which in it of itself makes me smile since being done with the semester means Justin has more time to do things like join me to pick up groceries). We planned out recipes for the next five dinners and picked out some yummy snacks for this week's lunches. It felt so good to go to bed that night knowing that our fridge was full of fresh new groceries. First on the list of dinner recipes: blue cheese and chives rolled in grilled flank steaks with potato salad on the side. Yum...smile.

2 comments: