Friday, June 11, 2010

the apartment pool


Today I am grateful for our apartment pool. It's a great little spot behind our building, tucked away next to the Huron River. It's surrounded by vibrant flowers and the view across the river is of the beautiful arboretum. On the hot and sunny nights, I've made it part of my weekly routine to sit out by the pool right after work until the sun goes down behind the trees. I like it because the sun isn't too strong since it's the end of the day and it's a nice way to wind down after work before enjoying dinner with Justin. It makes me feel like I'm on vacation and gives me time to read the latest book I'm into. Yesterday, my friend Rachel joined me. I enjoyed her company while catching a few of the 6pm rays of sunshine. Sigh. I love summer.

4 comments:

  1. Loved an Embarrasment of Mangoes. I read Justin's copy...loved that he read it. Are you enjoying it? What a wonderful, peaceful routine you have created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to join you in this new tradition :) and to do the book swap too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great book! It's a very fun read :)

    Can't wait for you to join me, Em!

    ReplyDelete