Monday, June 14, 2010

blog mondays: before friday


Four things I'd like to do by Friday:

1. Send a few snail mail notes: I try really hard to send thank you notes and "thinking about you" notes when I've received a gift or when I know someone needs a little extra love or encouragement. There have been a few of these floating around in my mind and they are definitely on my to do list for the week. I love receiving snail mail and like to think that when I send a note, someone I love is opening their mailbox to find a hand-written, personal letter amidst all those daily junk mailings and bills.

2. Go to our apartment pool: I have a pool date on my calendar for Thursday evening after work with Emily(and hopefully Audry and Kristen!?). Weather.com says it's supposed to be 81 degrees and mostly sunny so I imagine jumping in the pool will be a great way to spend the evening. Maybe we'll finish off the evening by heading to our local brewery to enjoy a nice, cold, summer-night brew.

3. Make a hair appointment: So I don't know if you've heard about Groupon, but it's this awesome website where you sign up to get emails with their daily deal for your city. Every morning I look forward to opening my Groupon email to see what the next deal will be. If you like the dail of the day, you can buy the Groupon and as long as a certain number of people buy the Groupon, you get the deal! I've already benefited a few times from Groupon -- a date night with Justin at a B&B and fancy restaurant at a little town just north of us, a birthday gift for my father-in-law, more than 50% off for a bike tour in Detroit, and $125 worth of services for $45 at a salon nearby. My hair is getting to that point where it's all grown out and styling it every morning is becoming more and more difficult. Time to use my Groupon! I'm looking forward to trying out a new salon, using one of my Groupons, and getting a new do.

4. Write two more blog posts: I have a few little things I want to share with all of you that have recently filled my heart with gratefulness.

I hope you add "read Krista's blog" to your list of things to do before Friday :)



4 comments:

  1. I love this blog! :) "Read Krista's Blog" is definintely on the top of my TO DO list before friday!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for everything on this blog to happen! well. with the exception of #1 since I already got that great bday card from you a few weeks ago :) but pool. yes! brewery. yes! meeting you while you get your hair done. yes! and reading more of your blog. obviously, yes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. going to the pool made it on both of our lists! and let's be honest it's probably at the top of them in terms of priority. :) Enjoy the week and crossing things off your list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent. My favorite part of all is your photo! Love that check list. And groupon is a great tip!

    ReplyDelete