Tuesday, June 15, 2010

bike rides and patio gardens


On Sunday evening, after a weekend in Chicago, Justin and decided we needed a little exercise and a healthy dinner. The two of us hopped on our bikes (both of which Justin fixed up himself this summer for us to enjoy rides together) and headed north to Plymouth road for a trip to the grocery store. The 3.4 mile ride (round-trip) was really refreshing. Justin and I have discovered that we really enjoy biking together. I like that it's a fun way to exercise and spend time together while enjoying a route to whatever our destination may be that gives a new view of our current residence, Ann Arbor. There are so many things that I don't pay as much attention to while driving the same exact route -- the beautiful flowers and landscaping along the roadside, the smell of cut grass and growing plants, the little quirks in the sidewalks, and the other people enjoying their own bike ride or stroll.
When we arrived back at our apartment, we made a delicious dinner together which put our patio garden to good use. We harvested some lettuce and arugula from our newly planted garden and mixed those with some fresh veggies from our bike trip to the grocery store. The salad was undeniably delicious (we each had two big helpings) and I must admit that I feel quite proud of, what I like to call, "our very urban experience."
Today I am grateful for bike rides and patio gardens.

1 comment:

  1. And I am grateful for you and this wonderful slice of your life!

    ReplyDelete