Friday, June 18, 2010

the little flower dress


This past weekend I was in Chicago for Meredith's (my sister-in-law) bridal shower. At Meredith's apartment on Saturday morning we were getting ready for the bridal shower with her roommates. Meredith and her roommate, Amanda (Meredith's maid of honor), were dressed in cute little dresses to which my immediate reaction was "I wanna cute little dress too!" Amanda was immediately willing to share one of her dresses with me. As we searched through her closet to find a dress, she pulled out a cute little flower dress and said "Actually, if this one fits you, you can just have it!" It fit! And now I have a "new" cute little dress with flowers on it. The reason this small little act of Amanda's generosity makes me so grateful is because I have literally been wanting a dress just like this one for the past year, but I've avoided buying one in order to save my money instead. When I got home I hung the dress in my closet and smiled. In fact, every time I walk by the closet I smile because I feel blessed. It makes me feel like God knew just what I wanted and even though it's just a silly little dress, it somehow makes me feel very known and loved by God -- it's like an extra little treat from Him just to say "I love you." Today I am grateful for the little flower dress.

1 comment:

  1. I need you to wear that dress soon... so i can borrow it :)

    ReplyDelete