Sunday, July 18, 2010

blog mondays: looking forward


What are four things/events on your calendar that you are anticipating? These could be things you are excited for, nervous about, dreading, or simply waiting for.
Being someone who is constantly checking my google calendar on my iPhone or scrolling through my Outlook calendar at work, the answers to this week's question came quite naturally. I think the reason I look obsessively at my calendars is because I like to think about the days, weeks and months to come and be able to picture what each will bring. I like to be prepared for the not so great events and I like to count down the days until the next exciting plan.

1. Conference at Work: The first thing that comes to mind is the upcoming conference at U of M that my department is playing a large role in. Since our department is heavily involved in providing service for this conference, I have been assigned as our "point person." In one way, this has been a blessing because it's kept me busy at work and has given me a great sense of ownership and accomplishment in my job. However, the down side to this responsibility is that it's a giant project/event that is just looming over my head. I don't want to wish the next few weeks away, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to August 6th when it's all said and done.

2. JK Vacay: That's what Justin and I are fondly calling my week vacation in the middle of August when we will travel to Oliphant together for an entire week!!! My favorite place with my favorite person. My cottage has so many sweet, sweet memories for me and I love that I now get to share it with Justin. I also love that I have accrued enough vacation days to comfortably take a week off of work. It's a week that the two of us have been looking forward to for a long time. Although we've toyed with different ideas of where to spend the week together, we've landed on the idea of spending it in Oliphant where we can explore the Bruce Peninsula of Canada, enjoy lazy days at the beach, spend time with my Mom, sleep in, and sit around bonfires.

3. Meredith and Leland's Wedding: I'm sure this isn't really possible, but I think I'm as excited for this wedding as the bride. I have absolutely loved planning this wedding with my sister-in-law. We've spent countless time via email, texting and g-chatting discussing all the little details and I cannot wait to see them all come together. I'm also standing up as one of her bridesmaids and I feel so honored and blessed to have become such close friends with Meredith that I am able to support them on their big day. It will be a memorable celebration and although it will mean the summer is nearing its end, I'm most definitely counting down the days until this event.

4. Eminem and Jay-Z: On September 2, I will be joining a large crew of friends for this epic concert at Comerica Park in downtown Detroit. Being two of my favorite musical artists, I couldn't be more excited to attend this concert. I think the combo of Comerica Park, best friends, a night leading into a long, Labor Day weekend, and singing along to some of my favorite songs during a live performance will create nothing more than an epic evening.

1 comment:

  1. a few thoughts...

    1. we're going to have a post conference celebration, for sure!

    2. a week in oliphant will probably cure any ounce of stress you'll have leftover.

    love!

    ReplyDelete